Flu shot clinics are now open for all East Hartford school-age children. It’s important for children to be immunized. Call 860-569-5900 and make your appointment today!
Please note: Intercommunity’s school-based health centers are offering support to East Hartford families and students during this difficult and challenging time. If your student is established in any of our seven school-based health centers and needs primary care or behavioral health services, please call Intercommunity’s main site at 860-569-5900 to schedule your appointment today. Please ask to speak with Tricia Orozco, Director of School Based Health Centers, to set up tele-health appointments. We are in this together and will get through this together.
InterCommunity provides primary care and behavioral health services in East Hartford school based health centers. InterCommunity staffs and operates seven centers in the following schools: East Hartford High, Synergy Alternative High, East Hartford Middle, Mayberry Elementary, Silver Lane Elementary, Langford Elementary, and the Early Childhood Learning Center (ECLC) at Hockanum School.
School based health centers provide services beyond the scope of the school nurse. InterCommunity works closely with school nurses and other outside care providers, and is a resource center for wellness and prevention. With a signed parental permission form, students can receive complete health care services during school hours, including:
- Diagnoses and treatment of minor injuries and illnesses (such as colds, ear infections, sore throats, etc.)
- Mental health and substance abuse risk screenings
- Routine well-child check-ups
- Physical examinations, including sports physicals
- Prescriptions and dispensing of medication
- Laboratory testing, including on-site point of care testing
- Diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases
- Management of chronic conditions, such as asthma
- Nutrition counseling and weight management
- Crisis intervention and assessments
- Individual, family and group counseling
- Fluoride treatments
- Referral & follow-up for specialty and dental
Registration forms can be obtained at the schools and can be downloaded here:
For more information, please contact Tricia Orozco, School Based Health Centers Director, at 860-622-5347.
COVID-19 Testing: InterCommunity is conducting coronavirus testing for children and adults in Hartford, East Hartford, and South Windsor. Click here for the flyer with days/times at each location.